Saira Zafar, MD
Dr. Zafar believes in providing both patient-centered and evidence-based care for her patients and happily sees both adult and pediatric patient populations. She treats a wide variety of allergic and immunologic disorders, including but not limited to food allergies, environmental allergies, asthma, eczema, drug allergies, and hives. She has authored and later presented numerous research projects at the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI) as well as the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (ACAAI) National Meetings.
She enjoys building relationships with patients over time and believes that shared decision making is key in fostering these relationships. In addition, she has often been lauded for her friendly and reassuring demeanor with patients.
In her free time, Dr. Zafar enjoys spending time with her family, experimenting with new recipes, and playing tennis.
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Medical Education
Ross University School of Medicine
New York Medical College - Westchester Medical Center: Internal Medicine
Rutgers - New Jersey Medical School: Allergy & Immunology
- Imam, S.; Zafar S.; Oppenheimer J. Single maintenance and reliever therapy in treatment of asthma exacerbations. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2022 Dec;129(6):703-708.
- Kaur I.; Zafar S.; Capitle E.; Khianey R. COVID-19 Vaccination as a Potential Trigger for New-Onset Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Cureus. 2022 Feb 4;14(2):e21917.
- Zafar, S.; Imam, S.; Keller, S.; Wolff, S. Quality Assessment of the Management of Patients with Asthma in the Allergy & Immunology Clinic at University Hospital. Rutgers Medical Journal of QA/QI. 2022; 1;3.
- Zafar, S.; McGintee, E.; Wolff, A.; Torre, A.; Schutzer, S. Hesitancy to Administer Gelatin- containing Vaccines to Alpha-Gal Patients
- Zafar S.; Weinstein, M. Rituximab as Treatment of Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria: a Case Series. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2021 Feb.
- Zafar, S., Khianey, R., Wolff, A. Treatment Resistant Idiopathic Angioedema: A Medical Conundrum. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2020 Nov;125(5):S71.
- Zafar, S.; Pal, S.; Kanaparthy, N. Vancomycin-Induced DRESS Syndrome Masquerading as Red Man Syndrome. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2020 Jan;124(1):107-108.
- Zafar, S.; Goodman, R.; Jafri, F.; Anwar, A.; Hanmantgad, M.; Cho, R. ATCL: A Convoluted Path to Diagnosis. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2019 Nov;123(5):S138-S142.
- Zafar, S.; Sperber, K. Incidence of Hypersensitivity to Cetuximab, A Metanalysis. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2019 Feb;143(2):AB303.