Kavita Aggarwal, MD, FACP
Not currently accepting new patients.
Schedule online with an Optum provider in the same specialty.
Dr. Aggarwal is a medical contributor for NBC’s Today Show.
Dr. Kavita Aggarwal is an internist, who received her medical degree from Cornell University Medical College. She completed her internship and residency at The New York Hospital/Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
She has received the "Top Doctors" award by Hudson Valley Magazine for multiple years as well as American Registry America's Most Honored Professionals-Top 1%, NY Top Doctor, America's 5% Most Honored Professionals and Exceptional Women in Medicine. Dr. Aggarwal is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. She practices at the Poughkeepsie Oakwood Campus.
- Americas Most Honored Doctors - Top 1%, 2022
- Exceptional Women in Medicine, Castle Connolly: 2017, 2020, 2022, 2023
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2012 - 2023
- Hudson Valley Magazine: 2017-2023
- American Registry America's Most Honored Professionals-Top 1%: 2019
- NY Top Doctor: 2019
- America's 5% Most Honored Professionals 2017
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Mechanical Engineering: 1992
- Medical Education
- Cornell University Medical College: 1996
- Internal Medicine, The New York Hospital/Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center: 1997
- Internal Medicine, The New York Presbyterian Hospital/Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center: 1999
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center
- MidHudson Regional Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, New York Medical College
- American College of Physicians, member
- American Medical Association, member
- Medical Society of the State of New York, member
- Dutchess County Medical Society, member
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, member
- Healing the Children Northeast, team member of charitable cleft palate missions to South America
Aggarwal K, Collins JJ Jr., Reimold SC. Recurrence of left atrial ball thrombus after surgical thrombectomy. Am Heart J 1994;127(6):1648-50.
Reimold SC, Maier SE, Aggarwal K, Fleischmann KE, Piwnica-Worms D, Kikinis R, Lee RT. Aortic flow velocity patterns in chronic aortic regurgitation: Implications for Echocardiography. J Am Soc of Echocardiography 1996:9(5):675-83.
Ferrara K, Zagar B, Silverman R, Aggarwal K, Dayton P, Sokil-Melgar J, Aslanidis Y. 50 MHz Color Flow Mapping. Proceedings of the 1995 Ultrasonics Symposium 1995;1467-1470.
Aggarwal K. Assessment of the Thermal Diffusion Probe as a measure of organ perfusion in the critical care setting. Senior Thesis Research Publication, Biomedical Engineering Center, MIT Press, Jan 1992.
Aggarwal K, Marcelli AR. Care of the Postmenopausal Patient: An Internist's View. Update in Gynecological Oncology Newsletter Summer 2000; Issue 30:5-6. Aggarwal K. Cardiovascular Effects of Tamoxifen. Update in Gynecological Oncology Newsletter Winter 2000; Issue 31:3.
Aggarwal K, Marcelli AR. General Medical Care at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Barbara White Fishman Women's Health Center Winter 2000.
Aggarwal K. Serms and Cardiovascular Disease. Review article presented at the Gynecological Care of the Cancer Patient, MSKCC-sponsored conference. March 30, 2001.