Mitchell Stein, MD FAAO
110 South Bedford Road
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
Dr. Mitchell Stein has practiced ophthalmology in the Mount Kisco area since 1987 and joined Caremount Medical in May 2020. After graduating from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Dr. Stein completed residencies in both Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology and is board-certified in both. Following his eye residency at SUNY-Downstate Medical Center, he did a fellowship in Cornea, External Diseases and Glaucoma at Mount Sinai Medical Center and performed the first corneal transplant at Northern Westchester Hospital in 1988. He is currently President of the Westchester Ophthalmologic Society and has be cited by Best Doctors in America, Best Doctors in Westchester and Castle Connolly Top Doctors on numerous occasions. Dr. Stein has a strong commitment to teaching. As an Assistant Clinical Professor at NY Medical College he teaches the eye residents at Westchester Medical Center. He has visited Haiti 10 times since 2011 with Hands Up for Haiti, treating underserved populations and training resident and attending ophthalmologists.
- New York Magazine Best Doctors Award: 2021
- Best Doctors in America
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors: 2020, 2021
- Westchester Magazine: 2020, 2021
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Columbia College, Columbia University, B.A.
- Medical Education
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx NY
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford CT
- Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, NY - Internal Medicine SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn NY - Ophthalmology
- Cornea, External Diseases and Glaucoma Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- Board Certifications
- American Board of Ophthalmology; American Board of Internal Medicine
Faculty, Basic and Clinical Science Course Section 1 - Update on General Medicine, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1993 -1999. Stein, M.B.: High-Performance Ophthalmology (letter). Arch Ophthalmol 1992;110:1043. Stein, M.B., Luntz, M.H. et al.: Study on Resident Training in Blindness Prevention and Rehabilitation of the Visually Impaired. Proc Int Cong Ophthalmol, Singapore, 1990. Luntz, M.H. and Stein, M.B.: Combined trabeculectomy, extracapsular cataract extraction and posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation. Clin Ocul 1988;9:126-9.