Dhruv Markan, MD
Dr. Dhruv Markan is board-certified in Internal Medicine. He is a clinical instructor with the Department of Medicine at NYU Grossman School of Medicine. He completed his medical education at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in India. He later completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Georgetown University’s Medstar Health Internal Medicine Residency Program in Baltimore, Maryland.
Throughout his journey, he has gained extensive experience in a variety of clinical settings ranging from rural areas with limited access to healthcare, to low socioeconomic populations and diverse populations as well as in urban areas. Dr. Markan has also been involved in research initiatives, serving as a Research Fellow at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and engaging in projects that focus on improving patient care and quality with a focus on Social Medicine.
Dr. Markan enjoys making long-lasting connections with his patients and helping them understand their medical conditions in order to reach achievable goals. He is passionate about preventative medicine and is interested in understanding patients' perspectives and educating them about suitable lifestyle choices with personalized patient-centered care, improving cardiovascular health, obesity, and management of complex chronic medical conditions. He is also interested in Social Medicine and Public Health and their connection with holistic well-being.
In his spare time, Dr. Markan enjoys traveling, reading about different cultures and history, interacting with people from different backgrounds, and staying active through exercise, hiking, and skiing. He is honored to serve the patients in New York City at Optum along with an association with NYU."
- Medical Education
- Sri B.M. Patil Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University, India
- Georgetown University's MedStar Health Internal Medicine Program, Baltimore, MD
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- NYU Langone Hospitals
- American College of Physicians (Internal Medicine)
- Khurana, Sumit., Kaushal, Jessica., Markan, Dhruv., Wang, John C., Kaliyadan, Antony., Haas, Christopher., and Devkota, Amrit. (2023) "Recurrent Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection: A Case of Triple Trouble," Journal of Community Hospital Internal Medicine Perspectives: Vol. 13: Iss. 2, Article 13.
- Mehta, S.K., Bloom, D., Plante, I., Stowe, R., Feiveson, A., Renner, A., Dhummakupt, A., Markan, D., Zhang, y., Wu, H., Scoles, B., Cohen, J., Crucian, B., Pierson, D. Reactivation of Latent Epstein-Barr Virus: A Comparison after Exposure to Gamma, Proton, Carbon, and Iron Radiation. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2018, Sep; 19(10): 2961. Pub Status: Published.
- McKee, D., Lechuga, C., Markan, D., Kligler, B., Teets, R., Milanes, M., Nielsen, A., Moonaz, S., Mah, D., Anderson, B., Jyung, H., Connoly, M., Wasserman, E., Travers, T.. Group Acupuncture Therapy with Modified Yoga for Chronic Pain (GAPYOGA) Poster presented at: Annual Research Symposium at the New York Academy of Medicine; New York City, NY, USA (April, 2019). Poster presented at: New York City Research and Improvement Networking Group (NYC RING) annual convocation of practices 2018; New York City, NY, USA (December, 2018).
- Anderson, M., Lechuga, C., Markan, D., Guevara, S., Diaz, C. (December, 2018) Mental & Social Impact of Immigrant Policy Instability on an Underserved Primary Care Community. Presented at New York City Research and Improvement Networking Group (NYC RING) annual convocation of practices 2018; Tarrytown, NY.
- Mehta, S.K., Bloom, D., Plante, I., Stowe, R., Feiveson, A., Renner, A., Dhummakupt, A., Markan, D., Zhang, y., Wu, H., Scoles, B., Cohen, J., Crucian, B., Pierson, D. (July, 2018) Reactivation of Latent Epstein-Barr Virus: A Comparison after Exposure to Gamma, Proton, Carbon, and Iron Radiation. Poster presented at: The 43rd International Herpesvirus Workshop; Vancouver, BC, Canada.