Anna Alshansky, MD
Dr. Alshansky was born in St. Petersburg (formerly Leningrad), Russia. She graduated from Leningrad Pediatric Medical School with the degree of MD in Pediatrics.
She became interested in the field of child neurology in her third year of medical school and conducted research in pediatric headaches through a student scientific research society, while still a medical student. She went on to specialize in child neurology after medical school, completed a fellowship in child neurology and worked as a child neurologist in the Leningrad public outpatient clinic.
Dr. Alshansky immigrated to United States in 1991 and completed her pediatric residency and child neurology fellowship in Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New York. She spent the next 15 years as a practicing child neurologist in Danbury, CT. For the past 10 years she has been a part of CareMount, providing care to children with a wide array of neurological conditions.
After all these years she still finds a field of child neurology very interesting and stimulating. Headaches, seizures, neonatal neurology, traumatic brain injury, concussions are her particular interests in the field. Her philosophy in practicing medicine is to always be honest, attentive and compassionate with her patients. "Children are amazing! " remains her motto.
Outside of work, her hobbies include dancing and traveling. She has a grown daughter and a toddler grandson who are the Joy of her life and occupy a lot of her free time.
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2015, 2017 - 2022
- Westchester Magazine: 2015-2022
- New York Magazine Best Doctors Award: 2015, 2018 - 2022
- Exceptional Women In Medicine: 2017, 2019, 2020
- Castle Connolly Regional Award for Yorktown, NY: 2017
- America's Most Honored Professional: 2017
- Medical Education
- Leningrad Pediatric Medical School Leningrad/St. Petersburg Russia: 1983
- Pediatrics, City Children's Hospital #4, Leningrad/St. Petersburg Russia, 1984
- Pediatrics, City Children's Hospital #4, Leningrad/St. Petersburg Russia 1986 Albert Einstein College of Medicine: 1995 Long Island Jewish Medical Center Scheider's Childen's Hospital, NY
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine: 1998 Long Island Jewish Medical Center Scheider's Children's Hospital,NY
- Board Certifications
- Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology
- Northern Westchester Hospital