Alexander Volpi, MD
Alexander Volpi, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty fellowship training in sports medicine. He provides individualized, compassionate care to patients and athletes of all abilities, from high school to professional athletes to weekend warriors. Dr. Volpi graduated from Wake Forest University with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. He received his Doctor of Medicine from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, being inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, before completing his orthopedic surgery residency at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, where he served as Chief Resident during his final year. He then went on to the prestigious Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles to complete his sports medicine fellowship, where he was part of the medical staff of the Los Angeles Angels, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Galaxy, Pepperdine University sports teams, and many local high schools, while training under the team physicians of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Dr. Volpi treats a wide variety of orthopedic and sports-related issues of the knee, shoulder, elbow, and hip. He has particular clinical interests in knee injuries of the ligaments, meniscus, and cartilage; shoulder injuries of the rotator cuff, labrum, and instability; working with overhead and throwing athletes; hip impingement and labrum injuries; and shoulder arthritis. Dr. Volpi offers his patients specialized treatment with minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery, as well as state-of-the-art technology including platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and biologic treatment.
- Best Resident Research Paper, Lenox Hill Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Research Day: 2021
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Delta Zeta chapter: 2015
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Wake Forest University, BS in Biology
- Drexel University College of Medicine, Master of Science, Biological Sciences
- Medical Education
- Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Northwell Health- Lenox Hill Hospital, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New York, NY
- Additional honor: Served as Chief Resident
- Cedars-Sinai Kerlan Jobe Institute, Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Surgery, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certifications
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery