Stephen J. Skokan, DPM
Stephen J. Skokan, DPM has over 29 years of experience in the field of podiatry. He has dedicated himself to improving the lives of people suffering from podiatric disorders, including both children and adults. His areas of expertise include biomechanics, such as treatment of plantar fasciitis, shin splints and Achilles tendinitis, as well as pediatric evaluations, including care for ingrown toenails, flat feet, warts, deformities, and injuries.
Dr. Skokan has published many journal papers and presented numerous lectures to medical staff and local communities. He is committed to providing proper footcare as a vital way to maintain the body’s overall wellness. Patients describe him as a compassionate and down-to-earth doctor.
- Achilles tendonitis (swelling or pain of the Achilles tendon)
- Athlete's foot
- Children's foot disorders
- Corns and callouses
- Flat feet
- Foot and ankle sprains
- Fungus on toenails
- Heel pain and heel spur
- Ingrown toenails
- Plantar fasciitis (pain or swelling of the heel)
- Shin splints (pain along the shin bone)
- Ulcerations (slow-healing wound or sore)
Diabetic foot care
Taking care of your diabetes and your feet is important. Check your feet daily. Diabetes can hurt your feet, so take precautions. Prevention is key to saving your feet and eliminating pain.
Orthotics are devices that fit into your shoes and help the foot by placing it in a better position. They are a conservative approach to many foot problems.
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Rider University
- Medical Education
- Temple University school of Podiatric Medicine
- Neumann Medical Center, Philadelphia
- Board Certifications
- Diplomate-American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry
- Raritan Bay Medical Center