Shaheda N. Azher, MD
Dr. Shaheda N. Azher is a neurologist receiving her medical degree from Siddhartha Medical College & Research Institute, Vijayawads, India. She completed her internship at Gandhi Hospital, Hyderabad, Indi and Tufts New England Medical Center. Her residency was completed at Tufts Neurology, New England Medical Center Hospital, Boston and fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX. She has received many awards by publications including "Top Doctors" by Hudson Valley Magazine and New York Magazine Exceptional Women in Medicine . Dr. Azher is Board Certified in Psychiatry and Neurology and practices at the Fishkill Westage Campus and Poughkeepsie Columbia Campus.
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2017-2023
- Hudson Valley Magazine: 2017-2023
- Exceptional Women in Medicine: 2020-2023
- Medical Education
- Siddhartha Medical College & Research Institute, Vijayawads, India: 1996 - 1999
- Gandhi Hospital, Hyderabad, Indi: 1998 - 1999
- Tufts New England Medical Center transitional year program: June 2002-June 2003
- Tufts Neurology, New England Medical Center Hospital, Boston, MA: 1999 - 2002
- Movement Disorders, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston: 2003-2005
- Neurology Research Fellowship Program, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX: 1996 - 1999
- Board Certifications
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Mid Hudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center
- Azher SN, Jankovic J. Clinical Aspects of Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. In Handbook of Clinical Neurology, Eds.Litvan I, Duyckaerts C:3rd Edition, Elsevier, Amsterdam 2006
- Azher SN and Jankovic J. Idiopathic Basal ganglia calcification. Medlink article
- Browner N, Azher SN, Jankovic J. Botulinum Toxin treatment of facial myoclonus in suspected Rasmussen encephalitis. Movement Disorders, 2006 Sep; 21(9): 1500-2.
- Diamond A, Shahed J, Azher SN, Dat-Vuong K, Jankovic J. Globus pallidus deep brain stimulation in dystonia. Movement Disorders 2006 May; 21 (5):692-5.
- Azher SN, Jankovic J. Camptocormia Pathogenesis, classification, and response to therapy Neurology 2005; 65:355-359
- Doody RS, Azher SN.Does Apoe correlate with MRI changes in Alzheimers Disease J Neuol Neurosurgery and Psychiatry 2000; 69 (5): 668-671.
- Doody RS, Dunn JK, Huang E, Azher SN, Kataki M. A method for estimating duration of illness in Alzheimers disease. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive disorders 2004; 17:1-4.