Oren Ambalu, MD
Dr. Oren Ambalu received his medicine degree from New York Medical College and completed his anesthesiology residency and fellowship in pain medicine at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Prior to joining Optum, formerly CareMount Medical, Dr. Ambalu was a clinical assistant professor of anesthesiology at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. Dr. Ambalu is affiliated with several professional organizations including the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists; New Jersey State Society of Anesthesiologists; American Society of Anesthesiologists; and the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine.
Dr. Ambalu practices at Optum's Cortlandt Manor, Poughkeepsie Webster, and Kingston offices and has privileges at MidHudson Regional Hospital as well as the new Yorktown Ambulatory Surgery Center, opening in 2019. Dr. Ambalu will be performing procedures in Optum's Poughkeepsie Oakwood and Fishkill Westage office procedure suites. He will be treating patients with back pain, neck pain, headaches, and joint pain, among other conditions.
A few of the treatments he offers include: Epidural injections Radiofrequency nerve abaltions for the spine, neck, and major joints Spinal cord stimulation Endoscopic rhizotomies for low back and hip pain Kyphoplasties Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) Botox injections for migraine headaches, neck pain, and other chronic pain conditions.
Dr. Ambalu believes that by providing a multimodal treatment approach, he will be able to add another dimension of care to patients with chronic and acute pain.
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Binghamton University, Suny NY, B.A. Chemistry: 2008
- Medical Education
- New York Medical College, School of Medicine, Valhalla: 2013
- Overlook Medical Center, Internal Medicine: 2013
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Anesthesiology: 2014 - 2017
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Pain Medicine: 2018
- Board Certifications
- American Board of Anesthesiology: 2017
- American Board of Anesthesiology Subspecialty in Pain Medicine: 2018
- MidHudson Regional Hospital
- Yorktown Center for Specialty Surgery