The information on this page is relevant for former CareMount patients.
A new and improved Patient Portal is coming
Get ready! A new Patient Portal is coming to you. The old CareMount Medical patient portal is going away and beginning about November 16th, you will be able to re-enroll in the brand new patient portal. Please click here for more information about how to enroll in the new portal.
Easy to navigate and available 24/7 so you can:
- Communicate securely with your provider and health care team
- Request prescription renewals
- Manage your child/children’s (up to age 11) medical records
- Download your test results and medications
- View your clinical visit summary
- Obtain health-related educational materials and videos
Frequently asked questions
- What is the patient portal?
- Why activate your patient portal account?
- What kind of records will I have access to through the patient portal?
- How do I request my health records?
- What can I do with my health records?
- How to understand my health records
- Who can set up a patient portal account?
- How do I enroll in the patient portal?
- How do I access my portal once I have created my account?
- Can I share access with a spouse or trusted representative?
- What devices can I use to access the Patient Portal?
- How do I contact my care team through my patient portal?
- How do I complete any necessary forms?
- What do I do if I forgot my username and/or password?
- I can’t remember the answer to my security question to reset my password?
- What do I do if I didn’t receive an invitation to create my patient portal?
- Is my patient portal secure?
- How do I add a dependent to my account on the portal?
- Can two parents/guardians link to the same child’s account?
- How do I access my linked dependent’s account on the portal?
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
What is the patient portal?
A patient portal is a personalized, secure website that enables you to manage healthcare interactions and communicate with your healthcare providers at any time. This convenient online connection puts you in control of your healthcare from any web enabled device.
Why activate your patient portal account?
A patient portal offers several benefits. You can bypass your practice’s call center to manage appointments, request prescriptions, or directly communicate to your healthcare team.
You can also view your health records, access visit summaries and other documentation.
What kind of records will I have access to through the patient portal?
You’ll have access to lab and test results, visit summaries, visit attachments, immunization records, medications, appointment history and any other information your care team has made available for you to view.
How do I request my health records?
1. Click “Health Record”
2. The health record summary page opens on the “Clinical Summaries” tab.
3. Click “Request consolidated health record.”
4. The “Request updated health records” page opens.
5. Do one of the following:
a) To get a Personal Health Record for a specific time period, enter the “From” and “To” dates.
b) To get a consolidated Personal Health Record, select the “Request complete record” checkbox.
6. Click “Request Record” and a message appears indicating that the request is being processed by the practice.
What can I do with my health records?
You can easily review, download, or share your health records with other providers.
How to understand my health records
- Demographic information – Information obtained by Optum when you registered as a patient with Optum.
- Medications – List of active or inactive medications
- Allergies – Any allergy information recorded at the time of your visits
- Immunizations – List of immunizations/vaccinations
- Problems – List of reasons diagnosed for your visit
- Procedures – Any procedure performed at Optum Medical
- Results – Any results obtained from laboratory, in office testing or radiology exams performed
- Payer – Insurance carrier
- Family history – Any family history
- Social history – Any social history obtained during visit
- History of present illness – A more detailed description of the reason or history given on the visit
- Vital signs – (Height, weight, temperature, head circumference, etc.) Information recorded or other measurements taken during your visit
- Instructions – Any additional instructions given to the patient at time of visit.
Who can set up a patient portal account?
If your healthcare provider offers patient portal access, you can set up a patient portal account. Reach out to your practice to get started.
How do I enroll in the patient portal?
Do it in 3 easy steps:
- Provide a valid email address to your practice. You’ll receive an invitation to enroll.
- Create a username and password, then follow onscreen prompts to activate your account.
- Use your username and password to securely stay in touch with doctors and access your health information anytime, anywhere.
How do I access my portal once I have created my account?
Once you have enrolled, you can access the patient portal from your practice’s website. The portal is also accessible from your practice’s email notifications.
What devices can I use to access the Patient Portal?
Your patient portal can be accessed through any web-enabled desktop, laptop, or mobile device using one of the following supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari (latest 2 versions)
- Firefox (latest 2 versions)
- Chrome (latest 2 versions)
- Mobile Safari (iOS)
- Mobile Chrome (Android)
How do I contact my care team through my patient portal?
You can easily message a member of your care team through the “Messages” tab. While in your message inbox, you can send a new message, attach images, and view your care team’s replies.
How do I complete any necessary forms?
Log in to your patient portal account and click the “Health Forms” tab to view and complete your forms.
What do I do if I forgot my username and/or password?
To reset your username and/or password, click “I forgot my username and/or password” located beneath the portal sign-in button. You will then be prompted to answer your security question and reset your password at that time.
I can’t remember the answer to my security question to reset my password?
If you forgot your username and/or password and don’t know the answer to your security question, please reach out to your practice to reset.
What do I do if I didn’t receive an invitation to create my patient portal?
Please reach out to your practice to resend an invitation to enroll.
Is my patient portal secure?
Yes. Your patient portal is HIPAA-compliant, which means your information is securely stored and encrypted.
How do I add a dependent to my account on the portal?
Children up to 11 – Call the Patient Portal Support Help Line: (914) 242-1555 or Contact Us.
Children 12-17 – New York State law provides protection of patients who are minors. To request health records of children 12-17, parents or guardians need to complete HIPAA Release of Information form found HERE.
All adults (18+) who would like to share a Patient Portal must complete and sign the Designation of Personal Representative form (DPR) found HERE. The form can be downloaded, printed and emailed to Medical Records at [email protected]
Can two parents/guardians link to the same child’s account?
More than one parent can have access to their child’s information. For example, divorced parents will have their own access to view their child’s portal account.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Need assistance with enrollment or to log into the Patient Portal? Contact Us.
Patient Portal Help Line:
Need assistance with enrollment or to log into the Patient Portal? Contact Us
Or call (914) 242-1555
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
A friendly Patient Portal Representative can:
- Help you enroll
- Assist with Username and Password
- Help you navigate the features of the portal