We’re proud to offer Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exams. DOT physicals meet new guidelines set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
DOT physicals include:
- Health history review
- Hearing and vision tests
- Urine test
- Blood pressure and pulse check
- Physical exam
If you pass your exam, the doctor will give you a copy of the medical certificate. A DOT physical is valid for up to 24 months.
Why are DOT driver physicals needed?
Drivers of commercial vehicles have safety-sensitive jobs. This means their work can affect their safety and the public’s safety. To help make sure that drivers are healthy, a regular physical is required. A DOT physical meets strict Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) guidelines.
How to prepare for your exam:
- Don’t drink coffee or smoke 30 minutes prior.
- Glasses, contacts or hearing aids
- Medication list and prescribing doctor’s contact information
- Medical exam report form
- Paperwork from any specialists you see