Areas of surgical specialty
The general surgery department provides care for surgical conditions that include:
- Benign diseases
- Malignant and inflammatory conditions of the lymphatic system
- Soft tissue
- Hepatobiliary organ (liver) systems
- Colon and rectal (colorectal)
- Tumors and growths
- Weight loss
For more information about specific areas of medicine and conditions, view our current list of specialties.
Treatment and services
Optum surgeons use the most advanced tools and techniques, including minimally-invasive (laparoscopic) surgery and robotic-assisted technology to optimize your safety and recovery.
- Fine and core needle biopsies (for breast lesions)
- Excisional and radical excisional treatments of soft tissue (for tumors and growths)
- Abdominal procedures
- Bariatric surgery
- And more
Medical care and help
An Optum specialist in your area of concern can diagnose your condition and help refer you to a surgeon, if appropriate. Many procedures are performed on an outpatient basis and allow you to return home the same day after recovery.
To find a specialist in the area of surgery you are looking for, visit our Providers page.
Contact us if you have any questions.