Symptoms of hearing disorders
Hearing disorders can have subtle effects that are hard to detect in their early stages. It’s important to be aware of you and your family’s hearing, and make sure to get your annual hearing exam.
Common symptoms of hearing disorders include:
- Muffled speech and other sounds
- Difficulty understanding speech, especially in background noise or group environments
- Frequently asking for repetition or mis-hearing what has been said
- Withdrawal from conversation or avoidance of social situations
We use the most sensitive and accurate testing equipment available to detect and diagnose hearing loss:
- Comprehensive audiological testing (pure tone and speech audiometry)
- Acoustic reflex testing
- Otoacoustic emissions (OAE)
We test different areas of the ears to pinpoint the cause of hearing issues. The conditions we diagnose and treat include:
- Hearing loss associated with aging, noise exposure, certain medications, infections, head or ear trauma, congenital or hereditary factors, and disease.
- Bilateral and unilateral hearing loss
The main treatment for hearing loss is using a hearing aid to amplify the sounds of your environment. To help you find and use the right hearing aid correctly, we offer:
- Hearing aid consultation and dispensing
- Hearing aid maintenance
- Hearing aid verification
Medical care and help
Taking care of your hearing can help you live a safer, healthier life and connect better with the people around you.