William Hong, MD, FACC, FACP, FCCP
William Hong, MD, FACC, FACP, FCCP is a board-certified cardiologist who specializes in general cardiology and cardiac testing. Dr. Hong treats a variety of cardiac conditions including coronary artery disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathy, valvular heart disease, rhythm disorders and abnormal electrocardiograms. He evaluates symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, palpitations and passing out. He performs preoperative evaluations and pacemaker and defibrillator checks.
Dr. Hong, born in Queens, New York, developed a passion for cardiology while attending the Bronx High School of Science. He wrote one of the first computer programs to analyze electrocardiograms. That project won First Place at the New York City Science Fair. He has been practicing in Manahawkin for over 30 years.
At Southern Ocean Medical Center, Dr. Hong served as President of the Medical Staff, Director of the Intensive Care Unit and Chairperson of the Credentials Committee, the Institutional Review Board and Internal Medicine Quality Assurance. He was honored to have been selected to be a fellow of the American College of Cardiology, American College of Physicians and American College of Chest Physicians.
Dr. Hong takes great pride in caring for his patients noting, "it can be quite stressful for patients to see a cardiologist thinking about all the serious problems that they have, or can possibly have, so in addition to providing expert medical care, I strive to maintain a compassionate and caring environment."
When not at work, Dr. Hong enjoys life at the Jersey Shore, playing piano and stamp collecting.
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Columbia University, BA: 1975
- Medical Education
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, MD 1979
- Roosevelt Hospital, Internal Medicine 1980
- Roosevelt Hospital, Internal Medicine: 1982
- St. Vincent’s Hospital, Cardiovascular Disease: 1984
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine: American Board of Internal Medicine, 1982
- Cardiovascular Disease: American Board of Internal Medicine, 1987
- Nuclear Cardiology: Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology, 2009
- Echocardiography: National Board of Echocardiography, 2003
- Southern Ocean Medical Center
- American College of Cardiology; American College of Physicians; American College of Chest Physicians