Vikash Panghaal, MD, MBA
Clinical Assistant Professor, Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Vikash Panghaal, MD is passionate about, and actively engaged in, ensuring that his patients receive the best possible radiological care. Working alongside his fellow physicians, Dr. Panghaal is leading the charge to make sure each diagnosis and treatment plan is customized to best fit a patient’s individual needs. Dr. Panghaal joined Optum’s Radiology Department in 2013 and has been instrumental in providing a second-to-none level of care to patients across the Hudson Valley Region. He provides diagnostic evaluations for patients after they undergo a CT scan, MRI scan, ultrasound, mammogram, or x-ray. He also assists with ultrasound-guided procedures to biopsy a breast or thyroid nodule or inject a patient’s joint for pain relief. Prior to the transition to Optum, Dr. Panghaal served on the CareMount Medical Board. Dr. Panghaal received his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Biology from Stevens Institute of Technology. He earned his Medical Degree (MD) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) in health care management from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Rutgers Business School. He completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology and his fellowship in Musculoskeletal Radiology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center. He is board certified by the American Board of Radiology. Dr. Panghaal serves as the Treasurer of the Dutchess County Medical Society. He has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed radiology/rheumatology journals. He is a 2018 recipient of the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Forty Under 40 Award. He is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society (2004). Dr. Panghaal is married to Rupal Panghaal, MD - an ophthalmologist at Optum Tri-State. They have two children together and reside in Dutchess County. He also serves as an assistant soccer coach for a local competitive travel soccer team.
- Normal epiphyseal cartilage measurements in the knee in children: an alternative sonographic approach. Panghaal V, Janow G, Trinh A, Ilowite N, Levin TL. J Ultrasound Med. 2012 Jan;31(1):49-53.
- Detection of active disease in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: sensitivity and specificity of the physical examination vs ultrasound. Janow GL, Panghaal V, Trinh A, Badger D, Levin TL, Ilowite NT. J Rheumatol. 2011 Dec;38(12):2671-4. doi: 10.3899/jrheum.110360. Epub 2011 Sep 15.
- Differentiating neoplastic from nonneoplastic processes in the anterior extradural space. Kim DH, Rosenblum JK, Panghaal VS, Freeman KD, Lui YW. Radiology. 2011 Sep;260(3):825-30. doi: 10.1148/radiol.11102287. Epub 2011 May 9.
- CT features of adnexal involvement in patients with diverticulitis. Panghaal VS, Chernyak V, Patlas M, Rozenblit AM. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009 Apr;192(4):963-6. doi: 10.2214/AJR.08.1655.
- Benign acute childhood myositis: an unusual cause of calf pain. Panghaal V, Ortiz-Romero S, Lovinsky S, Levin TL. Pediatr Radiol. 2008 Jun;38(6):703-5. doi: 10.1007/s00247-008-0785-1. Epub 2008 Feb 28.
- Recurrent midgut volvulus following a Ladd procedure. Panghaal V, Levin TL, Han B. Pediatr Radiol. 2008 Apr;38(4):471-2. Epub 2007 Dec 15.
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2020-2023
- Hudson Valley Magazine: 2020-2023
- Dutchess County Chamber of Commerce Forty Under 40 Mover and Shaker Award, 2018
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Award, 2004
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Rutgers School of Business, Newark, NJ: 2003 Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, BS in Chemical Biology: 2000
- Medical Education
- MD/MBA Dual Degree Program Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ: 2005
- Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY: 2010
- Musculoskeletal Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Board Certifications
- American Board of Radiology