Simon H. Chin, MD
Dr. Simon Chin is a double board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery as well as hand surgery. He has been honored by numerous societies and publications including "Best Doctors in America" and "Top Docs" by Westchester Magazine, New York Magazine "Best Doctors" and US News & World Report, as well as consistently earning amongst the top patient satisfaction scores amongst the physicians at CareMount Medical. He has trained extensively at the nation's most prestigious institutions to learn the latest minimally invasive techniques. He is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Harvard College in biochemistry and then attended the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in which he placed honors in every clinical rotation.
Dr. Chin completed Yale University's Plastic Surgery residency in which he studied all aspects of cosmetic surgery and injectable agents. After a hand fellowship at the University of Washington, Dr. Chin further honed his aesthetic surgery skills by completing a year-long fellowship at NYU / Manhattan Eye Ear & Throat Hospital in which he studied purely cosmetic surgery for a full year. Most experts consider this to be the preeminent cosmetic surgery fellowship in the world.
There, he formally trained under some of the pre-eminent surgical authorities in cosmetic surgery including Drs. Sherrell Aston, Daniel Baker, Alan Matarasso, Gerald Pitman, and Nicolas Tabbal. Dr. Chin has authored 15 peer reviewed original journal publications and 3 book chapters which include studies on abdominoplasty and other cosmetic surgery. In Manhattan, Dr. Chin performed cosmetic surgery exclusively on a daily basis.
Dr. Chin has trained in Smartlipo techniques since 2008 and is now offering his expertise to Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties.
He is well-versed in the latest minimally invasive techniques such as endoscopic browlift, short scar facelift, atraumatic fat grafting, short scar breast lift / reduction, and hand rejuvenation. He has offices in Westchester, and Putnam counties.
His expertise and services include:
- Abdominoplasty (standard tummy tuck and high lateral tension)
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift)
- Brachioplasty (arm lift)
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift (short-scar)
- Breast reduction (short-scar)
- Botox injection
- Buttock augmentation
- Chin augmentation
- Ear lobe piercing/repair
- Endoscopic/open browlift
- Fat injection
- Facelift (short scar and traditional)
- Hand rejuvenation
- Juvederm injection
- Lower body lift
- Otoplasty (prominent ears)
- Restylane injection
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery)
- Scar revision
- Thigh lift
- Plasma Rich Protein (PRP) injections
Dr. Chin is affiliated with Northern Westchester Hospital and Putnam Hospital Center. Dr. Chin is practicing at CareMount Medical's Katonah office, in the new Dermatology/Plastic Surgery suite on the first floor, as well as the Carmel office and Jefferson Valley.
Patients may call the Katonah office at 914-232-3135 or the Carmel office at 845-278-4300 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chin in any of his practice locations.
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2011-2023
- Westchester Magazine: 2011-2023
- Westchester Magazine Top Cosmetic Doctor: 2019-2023
- New York Magazine Best Doctors Award: 2013-2018, 2021-2023
- NY Top Doctor: 2019
- Top Doctors New York Metro Area: 2016-2020
- Top Plastic Surgeons Reviews Award: 2019
- Top Surgeon Award, Waiting Room Magazine: 2019
- U.S News & World Report, Best Doctors: 2014-2015
- Vitals On Time Award: 2015 Vitals Patients' Choice Award: 2015
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Harvard College: 1995
- Medical Education
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine: 2000
- Combined General Surgery & Plastic Surgery Program: Yale University School of Medicine: 2006
- Orthopedic/Plastic Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship University of Washington School of Medicine
- Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship NYU/Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Plastic Surgery: 2009
- Hand Surgery: 2010
- Northern Westchester Hospital Putnam Hospital Center
- Assistant Director of Plastic Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor at Mount Sinai