Mark A. Nogueira, MD
Mark A. Nogueira, MD is a specialist in minimally invasive Urologic Oncology.
Dr. Nogueira was part of one of the first teams of doctors to perform and develop robotic radical cystectomy for bladder cancer. He has extensive experience with minimally invasive techniques for prostate, kidney and bladder cancer.
Dr. Nogueira has published several articles and textbook chapters regarding robotic and laparoscopic surgery in major medical journals. He has also presented his research to other doctors at many national and international meetings.
Dr. Nogueira received his medical degree from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and completed surgery and urology training at the University of Buffalo.
He completed a fellowship in minimally invasive Urologic Oncology at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
Mark A. Nogueira, MD, achieved recognition by SRC for setting a standard of excellence in patient care and safety. He is an SRC-accredited Surgeon of Excellence in Robotic Surgery with Putnam Hospital Center.
- “Surgeon of Excellence” Designation by Surgical Review Corporation
- New York Magazine Best Doctors Award: 2016-2023
- Best Doctors in America: 2015-2016, 2019-2020
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2015, 2017-2023
- Westchester Magazine: 2013-2023
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Cornell University: 1997
- Medical Education
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine: 2001
- State University of New York: 2002
- Adult & Pediatric Urology State University of New York: 2006
- Robotic and Advanced Laparoscopic Urologic Oncology Roswell Park Cancer Institute: 2007
- Board Certifications
- Urology: 2009
- Ambulatory Surgery Center of Westchester
- Northern Westchester Hospital
- Society of Urologic Oncology
1. Median lobe in robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: evaluation and management. Jenkins, LC, Nogueira, M, Wilding, GE, Tan, W, Kim, HL, Mohler, JL, Guru, KA. Urology, 71: 810, 2008.
2. Molecular Markers for Predicting Prognosis of Renal Cell Carcinoma. Nogueira, M, Kim, HL. Urologic Oncology, 26: 113, 2008.
3. Robot-assisted anterior exenteration: technique and initial series. Guru KA, Nogueira, M, Kim HL, Piacente P, Nyquist J, M, Mohler JL. J Endourol, 21: 633, 2007.
4. Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy: current status. Nogueira, M, Kavoussi, LR, Bhayani, SB BJU Int, suppl. 2, 95: 59, 2005.
5. Tethered cord in children: a clinical classification with urodynamic correlation. Nogueira, M, Greenfield, SP, Wan, J, Santana, A, Li, V. J Urol, 172: 1677, 2004.
1. Nogueira, M, Kim, HL. "Targeted Approaches to Renal Cell Carcinoma Staging" in Renal Cell Carcinoma: Molecular Targets and Clinical Applications, Eds: Motzer, RJ, Figlin, RA, Bukowski, RM, Humana Press, 2007.
2. Nogueira, M, Kavoussi, LR. "Laparoscopic Pelvic and Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection" in Mastery of Surgery, Eds: Fischer, JE, Bland, KI, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006.