Jill Brodsky, MD, MBA, FAAP
Medical Director, CareMount Medical
Pediatrics/Peds GI, Peds Endocrine, and Peds Neurology Department Chair
Dr. Jill Brodsky received her medical degree from Albany Medical College. She completed her internship and residency at Yale Children's Hospital, New Haven, CT. She has been recognized as Top Doctor by Hudson Valley Magazine, Hudson Valley Parent "Favorite Docs" for multiple years as well as being recognized as Exceptional Women in Medicine. Dr. Brodsky is Board Certified in Pediatric and Pediatric Endocrinology. She practices at Poughkeepsie Oakwood Campus.
- Exceptional Women in Medicine: 2019, 2020
- Hudson Valley Parent - Favorite Docs: 2016-2019
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2016-2021
- Hudson Valley Magazine: 2016-2021
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Union College, Schenectady, NY: 2002
- Medical Education
- Albany Medical College, Albany, NY: 2005
- Yale Children's Hospital, New Haven, CT: 2006
- Yale Children's Hospital, New Haven, CT: 2008
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia: 2011
- Board Certifications
- American Board of Pediatrics; Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center
- Brodsky, J., Dougherty S., Makani R., Rubenstein R, Kelly A. Elevation of One-Hour Plasma Glucose During Oral Glucose Tolerance Testing is Associated with Worse Pulmonary Function in Cystic Fibrosis. Diabetes Care, February 2011; 34:292-295.
- Mostoufi-Moab S, Brodsky J, Leonard M, et al. Longitudinal Assessment of Bone Density and Structure in Childhood Survivors of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia without Cranial Radiation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Oct 2012; 97(10): 3584-3592.
- Goldberg, D., Dodds, K., Avitable, K., Glatz, A., Brodsky, J., Semeao, E., Rand, E., Mancilla, E., Rychik, J. Children with Protein Losing Enteropathy After the Fontan Operation Are At Risk for Abnormal Bone Mineral Density. Pediatric Cardiology December 2012; 33(8).
- Li Q, Brodsky J, Deardorff M, Levine M, et al. Mutations in the ABCC6 Gene as a Cause of Generalized Arterial Calcification of Infancy: Genotypic Overlap with Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum. Journal of Investigative Dermatology 2014; 134, 658-665.
- Avitable, K., Leonard, M., Zemel, B., Brodsky, J., Lee, D. et al. Lean Mass Deficits, Vitamin D Status, and Exercise Capacity in Children and Young Adults After Fontan Palliation. Heart, November 2014;100:1702-7.
- Mancilla E., Brodsky J, Levine M, et al. Teriparatide as a Systemic Treatment for Lower Extremity Non-union Fractures: A Case Series. Endocrine Practice, February 2015; 21:136-142.
- Weber D., Coughlin C, Brodsky J, Lindstrom K, et al. Low Bone Mineral Density is a Common Finding in Patients with Homocystinuria. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, published on-line ahead of print December 2015.
- Brodsky J and Genel, M. The 2015 Pediatric Endocrine Society Ethics Symposium: Controversies Regarding Gender Verification of Elite Female Athletes - Sex Testing to Hyperandrogenism. Hormone Research in Pediatrics, published on-line ahead of print February 2016.
- Mostoufi-Moab S, Kelly A, Mitchell JA, Baker, J, Zemel BS, Brodsky J, Long J, Leonard MB. Changes in Pediatric DXA Measures of Musculoskeletal Outcomes and Correlation with Quantitative CT Following Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Bone. 2018 Jul;112:128-135.
- Chan, Yee-Ming, Lippincott M, Sales Barroso P, Alleyn C, Brodsky J, Granados H, Roberts S, Sandler C, Srivatsa A, Seminara S. Using Kisspeptin to Predict Pubertal Outcomes for Youth with Pubertal Delay. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2020 Aug; 105(8).
Editorials, Reviews, and Chapters:
- Brodsky J., Carpenter T. Puberty for the Primary Care Physician. Manual of Outpatient Pediatrics, 1st Edition. Yale, New Haven, CT. 2006.
- Brodsky J., Levine M. Disorders of Calcium and Bone Metabolism. Netter???s Pediatrics, 1st??Edition. Philadelphia, PA. 2009.
- Brodsky J., Kelly A. Bone Health: Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment. North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference Proceedings. Anaheim, California. 2011.
- Brodsky J., Grimberg, A. Endocrine Late Effects of Childhood Cancer Treatment. Pediatric Endocrinology: A Practical Clinical Guide, 2nd Edition. New York, NY. 2012
- Brodsky J, Dileepan, K. Ethical Issues Regarding Transition of Care for Patients With Type 1 DM. On-line learning module created by the Ethics Subcommittee for the Pediatric??Endocrine Society. June, 2014.
- Brodsky J, Shumer, D. Ethical Issues in Transgender Medicine. On-line learning module created by the Ethics Subcommittee for the Pediatric Endocrine Society. January, 2015.
- Brodsky J., Carpenter T. Puberty for the Primary Care Physician. Manual of Outpatient Pediatrics, 2nd Edition. Yale, New Haven, CT. 2016.