Gaurang J Trivedi, MD, MPH, FAAO
185 New York 312 Southeast Executive Park
Brewster, NY 10509-2338
110 South Bedford Road
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
Dr. Trivedi is a board-certified, fellowship-trained specialist in glaucoma and cataract surgery. He serves as the Director of Glaucoma at Optum Tri-State and has been practicing cutting-edge medicine for over 20 years. He specializes in cataract surgery with multifocal and toric lenses, along with minimally invasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS) and traditional glaucoma procedures. He is LenSx certified for laser-assisted surgery, and uses the latest laser treatments for both cataracts and glaucoma.
He attended the Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, and was selected among the top medical students in the country to join the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society. Dr. Trivedi then trained at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, the oldest eye hospital in the Western hemisphere. Dr. Trivedi has lectured at medical meetings and has been published in research journals. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine, at Hofstra/Northwell, as well as New York Medical College, in Valhalla, NY, and teaches medical students about cataract and glaucoma surgery.
Dr. Trivedi utilizes the latest peer-reviewed and thoroughly researched methods and technologies to provide the best care for his patients. He is an expert with complex cataract surgery, along with MIGS procedures such as iStent, OMNI viscodilation and goniotomy, Kahook goniotomy, Hydrus microstents, XEN gel stents, and Durysta implants. Dr. Trivedi has received several awards during his career.
Dr. Trivedi is passionately involved in several volunteer organizations and charities. He is a surgeon volunteer with Operation Restore Vision, part of Operation International, travelling to rural Uganda to perform sight saving cataract surgeries. In 2019, he and his team built an eye clinic, an operating room, and performed over 150 surgeries within just one week. Learn more about his efforts at: www.OperationRestoreVision.org. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Guiding Eyes for the Blind in Yorktown, NY, which breeds and trains exceptional guide dogs for severely visually impaired individuals (www.GuidingEyes.org). He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Ambulatory Surgery of Center of Westchester, Mount Kisco, NY, a recognized center of excellence in outpatient surgical care performing nearly 5,000 cases annually. Dr. Trivedi was an Assistant Scoutmaster with Boy Scouts of America, and enjoyed camping and hiking with his son's troop.
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2015 - 2022
- Westchester Magazine: 2015, 2017-2022
- New York Magazine Best Doctors Award: 2017, 2019 - 2022
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Binghamton University: 1995
- Medical Education
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine: 2002
- Weill Cornell Medical College: 2003
- The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary: 2006
- Glaucoma The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary: 2007
- Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology: 2007
- New York Ophthalmological Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Glaucoma Society
- Westchester Academy of Medicine
- Northern Westchester Hospital; Putnam Hospital Center; Ambulatory Surgery Center of Westchester; New York Eye & Ear Infirmary
- Fellow - American Academy of Ophthalmology; New York State Ophthalmological Society; Westchester Ophthalmological Society; American Glaucoma Society; Clinical Preceptor at New York Medical College.