Allison J. Nied, MD, FAAP
Dr. Allison J. Nied graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Northwestern University. She returned to the east coast to study medicine at New York University School of Medicine. After receiving her MD in 1996, she began her pediatrics internship and residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center.
She completed her training in 1999 and spent the first eight years of her career at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center as a practicing physician and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics for the Albert Einstein School of Medicine.
Dr. Nied has been practicing at CareMount Medical since 2007. She is a board-certified pediatrician practicing in our Somers location. She is voluntary staff at Northern Westchester Hospital. She is welcoming new patients to her practice and sees patients age 0-21 years of age.
Dr Nied’s philosophy has been shaped by both professional experience and raising her own son and daughter. As a pediatrician, she tries to provide the information parents need to guide them through the ups and downs of parenthood. In addition, her goal is to help children learn about health and safety in a way that empowers them to create healthy habits and ultimately lead healthy lives.
In her free time, Dr. Nied enjoys spending time with her family, practicing yoga, skiing, hiking, going to art museums, reading and traveling. She loves pediatrics and feels honored to care for so many children and adolescents.
- New York Magazine Best Doctors Award: 2021
- Exceptional Women In Medicine: 2020
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2020, 2021
- Westchester Magazine: 2020, 2021
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Northwestern University: 1992
- Medical Education
- New York University School of Medicine: 1996
- Mount Sinai Medical Center: 1997
- Mount Sinai Medical Center: 1999
- Board Certifications
- Northern Westchester Hospital
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Fellow 1996-present