The most popular comprehensive parenting classes in the NYC metro area at no cost to you.
Please browse our upcoming dates on our event calendar below and register for your desired class. A few days before the event, registered attendees will receive a confirmation email that will include an exclusive link to the virtual class.
This class is designed to minimize your apprehension about the birth process. Experienced certified instructors will help you understand labor and birth using the best of various methods, including Lamaze. Weekday and weekend classes available! An Optum pediatrician will answer any of your questions about vaccines or finding a pediatrician for your baby.
Your Prenatal class will cover:
- What to expect during each stage of labor and birth
- When to leave for the hospital
- Coping techniques: relaxation, massage, and partner support
- Medical interventions and procedures
- Pain relief options, including epidural usage
- What you need to know about cesarean birth and prevention
- Newborn procedures in your hospital
- What to expect at your home with your newborn and basic newborn care
- Answers to your questions about vaccinations and newborn safety
Breastfeeding is an amazing opportunity for you to bond with your new little one. Breast milk gives your baby more than just good nutrition. It also provides important substances to fight infection. Breastfeeding has medical and psychological benefits for Mommy and baby. For many mothers and babies, breastfeeding goes smoothly from the start. For others, it takes a little time and several attempts to get the process going effectively. Like anything new, breastfeeding takes some practice. This class will give you the knowledge needed to make you more comfortable with breastfeeding as well as the opportunity to ask questions to a Licensed Lactation Consultant.
Your Breastfeeding class will cover:
- Benefits of breastfeeding for you and your baby
- Ways to prevent engorgement
- Preventing nipple damage
- Proper positioning
- How much breast milk your baby needs
- When you know the baby has had enough
- How to make the breastfeeding experience a success for you and your baby
- Answers to your questions about vaccinations