Keep your independence with personalized care
Our Care Coordination Program was designed to help you develop the skills, knowledge and a plan to improve your health and quality of life. With support, you can manage your injury or illness in a way that allows you live more freely.
Learn how to get started with your own care coordinator
Is care coordination right for me?
There are many reasons to work with a care coordinator. Our program can help if you:
- are struggling with a chronic illness
- plan to have a procedure and need help recovering
- have difficulty affording your medications
- want helping scheduling care
- need more reliable transportation to get to your appointments
- are feeling overwhelmed with caring for an aging loved one
Optum patient coordinators: A valuable resource
We’ll work closely with you and your doctor to understand your specific needs and give you comprehensive support including:
- talking with you to learn more about your health status and personal goals
- educating you about your diagnosis and any medications you are prescribed
- helping you manage and understand your health care costs
- educating you about wellness to help you live a healthier lifestyle
- helping you find medical equipment or home health care services
- assisting with scheduling follow-up appointments and arranging transportation
- contacting you if you are in the hospital to make sure you are ready for discharge, and making sure you get back to your home, a skilled nursing facility or other health care facility
From oncology to physical rehabilitation, pain management and more, we’ll provide you with a care coordinator who is experienced in your needs.
Join the Care Coordination Program
Start by telling your doctor that you’re interested in a patient care coordinator and why. If they think the program is right for your specific needs, they will send a referral. Then, a coordinator will reach out to talk about how they can best help you. The coordinator will also continue working with your physician to develop and implement ongoing treatment plans tailored to your needs.
Contact us if you have any questions.