Keep Your Independence with Personalized Care
Optum’s Care Coordination Program was designed to help you develop the skills, knowledge, and a plan to improve your health and quality of life. With support, you can manage your injury or illness in a way that lets you live more freely and feel well-taken care of.
Is Care Coordination Right For Me?
There are many reasons to work with a care coordinator. Our program can help if you:
- are struggling with a chronic illness
- plan to have a procedure and need help recovering
- have difficulty affording your medications
- want helping scheduling care
- need more reliable transportation to get to your appointments
- are feeling overwhelmed with caring for an aging loved one
Optum Patient Coordinators: A Valuable Resource
We’ll work closely with you and your doctor to understand your specific needs and give you comprehensive support. We will:
- talk with you to learn more about your health status and personal goals
- educate you about your diagnosis and any medications you are prescribed
- help you manage and understand your healthcare costs
- educate you about wellness to help you live a healthier lifestyle
- help you find medical equipment or home healthcare services
- assist with scheduling follow-up appointments and arranging transportation
- contact you if you are in the hospital to make sure you are ready for discharge, and make sure you get back to your home, a skilled nursing facility, or other healthcare facility
From oncology to physical rehabilitation, pain management and more, we’ll provide you with a care coordinator who is experienced in your needs.
Join the Care Coordination Program
Start by telling your doctor that you’re interested in a patient care coordinator, and why. If they think the program is right for your specific needs, they will send a referral. Then, a coordinator will reach out to talk about how they can best help you. The coordinator will also continue working with your physician to develop and implement ongoing treatment plans tailored to your needs.
Contact us if you have any questions