Angelo Cumella, MD, FACOG
Clinical Assistant Professor, Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
185 New York 312 Southeast Executive Park
Brewster, NY 10509-2338
Specializing in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Cumella is the Chair of Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery at Putnam Hospital Center.
Dr. Cumella graduated from Hofstra University and received his medical degree from St. George's University School of Medicine in Grenada, West Indies. He has been consistently recognized as one of the "Best Doctors in America" and also as one of Castle Connolly's "Top Doctors". Dr. Cumella has been featured on CNN, ABC News, Fox 5 News and Cosmopolitan for his 'Gentle C-Section' surgery procedures.
Angelo Cumella, MD, FACOG achieved recognition by SRC for setting a standard of excellence in patient care and safety. He is an SRC-accredited Master Surgeon in Robotic Surgery and Surgeon of Excellence in Robotic Surgery with Putnam Hospital Center.
CNN.com: "Gentle" C-sections are growing in popularity
Cosmopolitan.com: "Gentle" C-Sections Are Becoming More Popular - The technique could help new moms bond with their babies.
ABC News: Some hospitals now offering 'gentle' C-sections for women
Fox 5 News: What is a Gentle C- Section?
- Master Surgeon and Surgeon of Excellence Designation by Surgical Review Corporation Best Doctors in America: 2013-2014, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2019-2020
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2017 - 2021
- Hudson Valley Magazine: 2017-2021
- Hudson Valley NY Hospital Liaison Committee for Jehovah's Witness - recognition for service and professionalism in bloodless care
- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Hofstra University: 1979
- Medical Education
- St. George's University School of Medicine, Grenada West Indies: 1983
- Obstetrics & Gynecology The Brooklyn Hospital- Caledonian Hospital/ State University of New York at Downstate Medical Center:1984
- Chief Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology The Brooklyn Hospital- Caledonian Hospital/ State University of New York at Downstate Medical Center: 1987 Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology The Brooklyn Hospital- Caledonian Hospital/ State University of New York at Downstate Medical Center: 1986
- Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Northern Westchester Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Center of Westchester Putnam Hosptial Center
- Chair of Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery - Putnam Hospital Center Surgical Teaching Instructor & Proctor, Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery, GelPOINT, Applied Medical Resource Corporation, California, 9/2010-present Northern Westchester Hospital in-service Single Incison Surgery, GelPOINT, May 2018 PROCTOR for physician assistant students Pace university 2019 Hospital Santo Hermano Pedro, Medical Mission In Honduras 11/2019, Gynecologic Surgeon: 10/2017 & 10/2018